A big thank you to schools and colleges across Morecambe Bay
24th March 2020
On behalf of Bay Health and Care Partners, we would like to publicly thank and recognise schools and childcare providers right across the Bay for their tremendous efforts in such a short time to help the children of health and care staff attend school, nursery, etc.
The NHS has received a lot of plaudits over the last few weeks and whilst this is very welcomed and appreciated, we want to share this praise and support with our colleagues in local schools and childcare at this incredibly difficult time for us all.
We all have a responsibility to do our bit in helping to reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19). The best way we can do this (including children) is to reduce social interaction between people and follow social distancing advice. As a leadership team, we are putting this into practice and we would urge everyone in our communities to do so.
The easy to follow steps include:
- Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough
- Avoid non-essential use of public transport when possible
- Work from home, where possible
- Avoid large and small gatherings in public spaces
- Avoid gatherings with friends and family
- Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services
If you develop either a high temperature (you feel hot to touch on your chest or back) or a new, continuous cough (for more than an hour or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours), stay at home. To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home and use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
Aaron Cummins Jerry Hawker
Chief Executive Chief Officer
UHMBT Morecambe Bay CCG