We are Bay Health and Care Partners
Bay Health and Care Partners is one of the five Integrated Care Partnerships (ICPs) that make up the local Integrated Care System (ICS).
We are a group of local health and social care services working together across North Lancashire, South Cumbria and Furness with a shared vision:
“To see a network of communities across Morecambe Bay enjoying great physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, supported by a health and care system that is recognised as being as good as it gets."
BHCP includes GPs, acute hospitals, local authorities as well as doctors, nurses, community staff like district nurses, social care staff and people working in the voluntary sector. We have been working together since 2014 to deliver better care and better health outcomes under the 'Better Care Together' approach.
Who is involved in Bay Health and Care Partners?
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust
- NHS Morecambe Bay Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust
- Morecambe Bay Primary Care Collaborative
- Cumbria County Council
- Lancashire County Council
- Lancaster City Council
- Barrow Borough Council
- South Lakeland District Council
- Lancaster Council for Voluntary Service (CVS)
- Cumbria Council for Voluntary Service (CVS)
In addition, the following organisations work closely with Bay Health and Care Partners:
- North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
What do we mean by 'integrated care'?
The NHS Long-Term Plan, published in January 2019, set the ambition for every part of the country to be an Integrated Care System (ICS) by 2021.
Within these Integrated Care Systems, Integrated Care Partnerships (like Bay Health and Care Partners) focus on the health and wellbeing of their local communities.
By coordinating different services around the needs of each person, we aim to help people live healthier lives and get the care and treatment they need, in the right place, at the right time.