Trusts message to patients and visitors
17th November 2020
Since the start of the lockdown period in March, parking at hospital sites across Lancashire and South Cumbria has been free of charge for patients, visitors and for our colleagues working throughout the pandemic. We hope that it has made things slightly easier and safer for everyone still needing to come onto the hospital sites. We have managed to retain this change for hospitals in Lancashire and South Cumbria, whilst other areas of the North West have reintroduced parking changes.
With services re-opening and more people returning to hospital, our car parks are becoming very busy and so we’ve taken the difficult decision to reinstate car parking charges for patients and visitors. These changes will be in place before Tuesday 1 December 2020.
For information about changes in each Trust, please visit the individual websites:
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (opens in new window)
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (opens in new window)
- Lancashire and South Cumbria Care NHS Foundation Trust (opens in new window)
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust (opens in new window)
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (opens in new window)
Parking for staff (including volunteers) at NHS hospital sites in Lancashire and South Cumbria will remain free of charge until further notice.
We are extremely grateful to many of our partners, who have worked with our hospitals to enable this support for the last few months, and to their staff for helping during the pandemic to make sure that car parks were safe to use.