Role of Executive Chair, Lancashire and South Cumbria Cancer Alliance
9th April 2021
Expressions of interest are invited from Senior Leaders within the Lancashire and South Cumbria footprint to undertake the role of Executive Chair of the LSC Cancer Alliance.
The role is one of great significance during the period of recovery and restoration of services across our region post-pandemic. A time commitment of up to 2 Pas per week is required, and this may be on a secondment basis subject to agreement of your host organisation. The tenure period will be 2 years.
The Executive Chair works with the Clinical Chair and Programme Director to ensure that plans are in place to:
- Restore full operation of cancer services post pandemic in line with agreed recovery trajectories
- Plan for and lead delivery of the NHS Long Term Plan ambitions for cancer, ensuring variation in outcomes is addressed and that improvements are made across whole pathways from prevention and diagnosis through to treatment and support for people living with cancer; and
- Provide oversight and coordination to support delivery of the constitutional waiting times standards for cancer
The Executive Chair represents the Alliance at Regional and National level, and ensures that the Cancer Alliance Programme Board provides oversight and assurance to delivery of key priorities.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who has a track record of
- leading transformational change
- who is able to foster productive relationships within the ICSs, (commissioners including specialised commissioners, specialised service networks e.g. radiotherapy ODN, service providers in their area including GPs, other primary and social care providers and NHS Trusts and patient groups)
- establishing robust governance mechanisms to unite these partnerships together
Closing date for expressions of interest Friday 30th April 2021