Clinical Policy Review: Assisted ConceptionDate posted: 21st February 2018
Residents in Lancashire and South Cumbria are invited to have their say on the draft clinical policy for assisted conception.
Currently Lancashire and South Cumbria Clinical Commissioning Groups have differing policies on assisted conception, this means that people have different access depending on where they live. This revised policy ensures that all of Lancashire and South Cumbria residents have the same access to assisted conception treatment.
This review forms part of the ongoing work across Lancashire and South Cumbria to address clinical policy. The CCGs across the region have all agreed that there is a need to review their clinical policies in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach across Lancashire and South Cumbria, update current policies in accordance with National Guidelines and best clinical practice, and to make sure the limited resources available are being used to maximum effect.
The draft policy on assisted conception services (including IVF) is now available for review and can be read and downloaded here: Proposed policy you can also access the easy read version here. If you would like to ask any questions before completing the survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the current differences in assisted conception policies, the levels of change will vary per CCG. Please see below specific levels of change for each area.
- Morecambe Bay level of change document
- East Lancashire & Blackburn with Darwen level of change document
- West Lancashire level of change document
- Fylde and Wyre level of change document
- Blackpool level of change document
- Greater Preston & Chorley and South Ribble level of change document
Feedback from members of the public is welcomed through the online survey. There are also public discussions taking place across Lancashire and South Cumbria which local people are encouraged to attend to find out more information, ask questions and offer feedback (please see further details below).
The consultation period will run until Friday 6 April 2018.
If you would prefer to have a hard-copy of the policy and/or of the survey questionnaire please email email@example.com
If you require any of these documents in an alternative format such as Braille, larger print, audio, British Sign Language or in a language other than English please contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org telephone: 01772 214244
Public event details
Please see below public events taking place within each CCG area.
- Tuesday 6 March, 6pm – 7.30pm - Ashton Methodist Centre, Wellington Rd, Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston, PR2 1BU
- Wednesday 14 March, 6pm – 7.30pm - Boardroom 1, Chorley House, Lancashire Business Park, Leyland, PR26 6TT
If you are interested in attending one of these events, please let us know by emailing Get.Involved@chorleysouthribbleccg.nhs.uk or by calling 01772 214605.
Blackpool and Fylde Coast
- Thursday 1 March 2018 - 5pm to 6.30pm at South Shore Primary Care Centre, Lytham Road, Blackpool
- Wednesday 7 March 2018 - 6pm to 8pm at NHS Wesham Offices, Derby Road, Wesham
To book your place at either event, visit https://fylde-coast-assisted-conception.eventbrite...
East Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen
- Tuesday 13 March - 6pm – 8pm at Barbara Castle Way Health Centre, Simmons Street, Blackburn, BB2 1AX
- Saturday 17 March - 10am — 12noon at St Peters Centre, 42 Church Street, Burnley, BB11 2DL
- Tuesday 27 March - 6pm – 8pm at Accrington Pals Primary Health Care Centre, 1 Paradise Street, Accrington, BB5 2EJ
- Thursday 29 March - 6pm – 8pm at Rossendale Primary Health Care Centre, Bacup Road, Rawtenstall, Rossendale, BB4 7PL
- Wednesday 28th March - 5pm - 6.30pm at Hilldale, Ormskirk Hospital site
To ensure that the CCG can accommodate all requests to attend, we kindly ask that you contact us on the below details to confirm your attendance.
Telephone: 01695588203 email: email@example.com
(To be confirmed)
Attendance at groups and forums will also be taking place but if you are a member of a group or forum which would like to discuss the proposed policy in more detail please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch. Individuals who may wish to comment or ask questions in addition to or before completing the survey can also use this email.