Every day is different when you care in Lancashire and South CumbriaDate posted: 13th February 2019
Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria is encouraging local people to consider careers in adult social care in support of the national ‘Every day is different when you care’ campaign, launched this week by the Department for Health and Social Care.
Across Lancashire and South Cumbria there are approximately 46,000 staff working in adult social care. Social care attracts all kinds of people with one thing in common - a desire to help make a difference every day.
Over the coming months, social care providers, local authorities, colleges, universities and NHS organisations will be working together across Lancashire and South Cumbria to showcase careers in adult social care and encourage people to apply for current vacancies.
Talib Yaseen, Executive Director of Transformation for Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria said: “A job in social care is highly rewarding and this campaign is an opportunity to raise awareness of the variety of roles available in adult social care across Lancashire and South Cumbria. We believe this is a fantastic opportunity to start a career where people can make a real difference. We are working collaboratively across organisations and with education providers to encourage people to take up careers in adult social care and to raise awareness for any vacancies within local services.”
As part of the campaign, there will be a number of events where local people can find out more, speak to people who currently work in the sector, talk to employers about vacancies and discuss training options with representatives from education and training.
The events announced so far are:
- Friday 15th February, Brierfield, Northlight Mill, BB9 5PL
- Thursday 21st February, Accrington Market, Peel St, Accrington BB5 1ER
Blackpool and Fylde Coast
- Thursday 7th March, Hounds Hill Shopping Centre in Blackpool, 17 Victoria St, Blackpool FY1 4HU, 10am – 2pm
- Thursday 14th March, Hounds Hill Shopping Centre in Blackpool, 17 Victoria St, Blackpool FY1 4HU, 10am -2pm
- Every Friday from 15th February – 29th March, Lancaster Marketgate Shopping Centre, LA1 1JF, 11am – 2pm
- Monday 4th March, Lancaster Job Centre, 9 Church St, Lancaster LA1 1TD, 10am – 4pm
- Wednesday 6th March, Lancaster and Morecambe College, Morecambe Rd, Lancaster LA1 2TY, 4.30pm – 7pm
More event dates and locations across the region will be announced in the coming weeks. More information about careers in adult social care in Lancashire and South Cumbria and upcoming events is available at www.healthierlsc.co.uk/everydayisdifferent.
A number of resources are available for those thinking about a career in care on the national campaign website www.everydayisdifferent.com including quizzes, videos, information about developing skills and current vacancies.