- For specialist stop smoking support and to discuss the provision of your stop smoking medication, call Quit Squad Freephone 0800 328 6297
- Online support is available by downloading the My Quit Route app (available via the iOS App store and Google Play store)
- Alternatively visit the Quit Squad website for more information.
Help available to quit smoking during pregnancy
If you stop smoking now it will make a big difference to your health and the health of your developing baby. The earlier you give up smoking in pregnancy, the better.
If you're finding it difficult to quit smoking, it's really important to get help. People who get help from stop smoking advisers are three times more likely to quit successfully. Your doctor or midwife can guide you towards any help and advice that's available and we have compiled some useful information to support you with your stop smoking journey below.
The government has classed pregnant women as a group at risk of severe illness with COVID-19. People who smoke have an increased risk of more severe respiratory infections. It has therefore never been more important for a pregnant woman to look after her respiratory health, and it is vitally important that smokers seek support to quit.
Quitting at any stage will benefit both you and your baby, so don't give up on giving up.
Further help and information
Help in your local area
Following national guidance in response to COVID-19, services across Lancashire and South Cumbria are currently operating differently to their usual service and using a variety of ways to provide support including telephone, WhatsApp, apps on phones and information on websites. Services continue to be able to offer behavioural support and provide access to free Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
- Speak to your midwife who can arrange support via the local midwifery health trainer stop smoking service or refer yourself directly by phoning 01253 952226 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the free quit smoking app on the Google Play Store or the iOS App Store
- Further information about Smokefree Blackpool can be found on the Blackpool Council website
- A list of pharmacies who participate in the “Stop Smoking “ Service
- For telephone support, call 01254 682037 or email email@example.com