Personalised Care Hub
The Personalised Care Hub provides the health and care workforce across Lancashire and South Cumbria with education and support to continuously improve how they deliver person-centred and personalised care.
With specialist knowledge and skills around health coaching approaches; tools in tailoring services in relation to people’s knowledge, skill and confidence to manage their own health and wellbeing (known as Patient Activation); and Making Every Contact Count (MECC), we offer a range of training, as well as support for teams, neighbourhoods and ICP/MCPs to develop and implement their personalised care improvement plans.
During the immediate response to coronavirus (COVID-19), our face-to-face training has been suspended. However, we will use this page to collate a number of resources that we are developing that can help in our collective health and care system response to coronavirus (COVID-19). All resources are designed to provide you with quick and effective tools that you can use immediately to support people’s health and wellbeing, maximise self-management and reduce, as far as possible, any unnecessary demand on services.
Let us know how we can help you!
Please get in touch if you think we can support you in anyway. You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making brief conversations count - Ask Assist Act (The 3 As)
- This guide is suitable for frontline staff and volunteers who have any interaction with the public. It will support you to structure brief conversations with people, supporting them with any information needs they have and signposting to other sources of support.
Guide to person-centred conversations
- This guide is suitable for staff and volunteers who, as part of their role, need to spend some time helping people problem solve and develop actions to support their health and wellbeing. This guide includes a simple and effective template plan, which will enable people to leave with a record of the conversation and a plan of action.
Coaching techniques to support better conversations - TGROW
- This guide is suitable for anyone who needs to support people to take more ownership and control in problem solving. It will help you structure conversations in a way that helps people develop greater insight and understanding of their concerns and develop options based on their particular circumstances.
Responding to Covid-19 by supporting people to self-manage their health and wellbeing
The Personalised Care Hub is supporting the workforce to maximise Personalisation, Activation and Supported self-management as part of the evolving response to Covid-19. As part of our program of work, we are putting together a series of webinars to help teams accelerate and embed Personalised Care in their Covid-19 Recovery and Reset plans.
Looking After Communities as Part of Covid-19 Recovery and Reset: Establishing a Citizen/Patient-Activation Mindset
1 Hour session
Tuesday 12th May 13.00 - 14.30 OR 16.00 - 17.00
This workshop hosted by the Advisory Board will explore ways in which you can develop approaches that support people to manage their health and wellbeing in a way that suits them best, tailored to their level of knowledge skill and confidence.
This workshop will explore how an awareness of activation (the level of knowledge skill and confidence of people) and the ways in which we can increase activation can enable us to develop services that improve outcomes for patients and reduce stress on services.
This workshop will look at how we deliver personalised care at scale looking at examples and ideas that explore:
- How to identify the ‘right’ individual for the ‘right’ care model
- How to remove any no clinical barriers to self-management
- How to make passive management possible through ‘graduating’ people from our support programs to enable them to live well, and allow us to engage the next ‘wave’ of citizens require higher level of support.