Local Workforce Action Board
The Local Workforce Action Board (LWAB) is a group of representatives from different organisations who come together every other month to discuss workforce activity and plan improvements and developments for the Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care System.
The core functions of the Local Workforce Action Board include:
- Developing a clear understanding of the current and foreseeable future workforce
- Establishing a workforce strategy and workforce transformation plan
- Providing Leadership and organisational development support to enable staff, patients and carers to lead change within the health and care system in Lancashire and South Cumbria
To support the above, the LWAB receives annual investment of up to £1m from Health Education England.
The Board is co-chaired by Jenny Cavalot who is Health Education England’s Local Director for the North West and Karen Partington Chief Executive of Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
Membership is made up of individuals from the following organisations:
- The five NHS Trusts in Lancashire and South Cumbria; Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay Trust, East Lancashire NHS Trust, Lancashire and South Cumbria Care NHS Trust and Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Senior Responsible Officers (SROs) from the priority areas of work
- The 5 Integrated Care Partnerships
- Higher education institutions and further education institutions
- The Clinical Commissioning Groups
- General practice and primary care
- Local and unitary authorities including social care
- Public health, voluntary and children services
- Health and wellbeing organisations