Joint Committee of Clinical Commissioning Groups
Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria has formed a committee to make decisions on health and healthcare.
Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) are NHS organisations that plan and buy healthcare for their communities. The Joint Committee of Clinical Commissioning Groups (JCCCG) is a meeting of the CCGs in Lancashire and South Cumbria and will be responsible for making decisions about any future proposals referred to it by the CCGs. Decisions that will be referred if they require a Lancashire and South Cumbria approach, but most decisions about healthcare will continue to be taken locally.
The committee is held in public and chaired by Phil Watson CBE, who is independent of the health organisations.
The Joint Committee of Clinical Commissioning Groups consists of GPs and lay members from each of the Clinical Commissioning Groups in Lancashire and South Cumbria. Chief Executives from Lancashire County Council, Blackburn with Darwen Council, Blackpool Council, representatives from district Councils and local Healthwatch attend the meetings.
If members of the public would like to attend, they are asked to contact the Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria Team on 01253 951630 or by emailing email@example.com and provide details of any specific requirements they might have.
Please let us know about your plans as it enables us to organise drinks and seating arrangements at the venue.
For information about changes to the structure of Joint Committee Clinical Commissioning Groups please click here
Joint Committee of CCG dates
Papers and minutes can be found further down the page.
- Thursday 2nd November 2017 at Morecambe Bay Clinical Commissioning Group offices, Moor Lane, Mills Moor Lane, Lancaster LA1 1QD
- Thursday 11th January 2018 at Tan House Community Enterprise, Ennerdale, Tan House, Skelmersdale, WN8 6AN
Thursday 1st March 2018 at Blackpool Central Library, Queen St, Blackpool FY1 1PXDue to adverse weather this meeting has been cancelled
- Thursday 7th June 2018 at Oswaldtwistle Mills, Collier Street, Accrington, BB5 3DE
- Thursday 5th July 2018 at 53 Degrees, University of Central Lancashire, PR1 2HE
hursday 6th September - Blackpool Central LibraryStood down, for more information please click here
- Thursday 4th October 2018 - Civic Centre, West Paddock, Leyland, PR25 1DH - Click here to watch a live recording of the meeting
- Thursday 1st November 2018 - Moor Lane Mills, Moor Lane, Lancaster, LA1 1QD
- Thursday 10th January 2019 - Blackpool Central Library, Queen Street, Blackpool FY1 1PX
- Thursday 7th March 2019 - venue to be confirmed
If you have questions about this committee, ask them here