The PPE Portal
The PPE portal can be used by social care* and primary care** providers to get critical coronavirus (COVID-19) personal protective equipment (PPE).
Providers who can use the service will receive an email invitation to register.
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has partnered with eBay, Clipper Logistics and Royal Mail to develop this service.
Steps to getting free PPE
- If you are eligible, you will receive an email invite to the PPE portal
- Register with the email address the invite was sent to
- Receive a link to confirm registration
- Click on the link and create your password
- Order your COVID-19 PPE
- PPE is delivered directly to the address supplied to us
Eligible health and social care providers can use the portal to meet the extra need for PPE that has arisen as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
You should not use the portal to order PPE for non-COVID-19 requirements. You should get this through your normal channels.
PPE ordered from the portal is free of charge. Orders will be delivered by Royal Mail within 5 days. Some orders will require more than one box and may be received as multiple deliveries.
Call the customer service team on 0800 876 6802 if you have any questions about using the PPE portal. The team is available from 7am to 7pm, 7 days a week, to help resolve your queries.
Full details about eligibility, using the PPE portal and when to use the local resilience forum (LRF) or National Supply Disruption Response (NSDR), can be found at the UK.Gov webpage [opens in a new window].
*Social Care Providers:
- Residential Social Care
- Domiciliary Social Care
- Children's Care Homes and Secure Homes
- Children's Residential Special Schools
- Community Drug and Alcohol Services
- Residential Drug and Alcohol Services.
**Primary Care Providers: