GP Educational Resources for Cancer
Cancer Research Uk Royal College General Practitioners
CRUK RCGP have recently launched a refreshed e-learning module on early diagnosis which can be accessed by this link. This e- learning module covers the following
- 30-minute free module
- For GPs and other Health Practitioners
- Importance of recognising cancer/essential role of the GP
- Focus on lung and bowel cancers
- Latest guidance for urgent referrals for suspected cancer (NG12) – England only
- Up-to-date statistics, reflective cases, risk toolkits
- Practical suggestions on how to improve your practice
- Users have previously given it good feedback and stated it is both useful and practical.
Gateway C is an online cancer education platform developed for GPs, practice nurses and other primary care professionals. The platform aims to improve cancer outcomes by facilitating earlier and faster diagnosis and improving patient experience, through:
- Improved knowledge of symptoms
- Increased confidence in when and when not to refer a patient
- Improved quality of suspected cancer referrals, reducing delays in the system
- Improved communication to enhance the patient experience and support patients at each stage of their cancer journey.
C the signs
C the signs is a multi-platform digital tool that uses artificial intelligence mapped with the latest evidence to identify patients at risk of cancer early. Covering the entire spectrum of cancer and cross-referencing multiple diagnostic pathways, C the Signs can identify which cancer(s) a patient is at risk of, as well as the most appropriate next step – all in less than 30 seconds.
Cancer ResearchUK professional resources, learning and support
Macmillan support for primary care
Macmillan has produced a number of toolkits, guidance documents and online training modules to support GPs as they connect with cancer patients from early diagnosis through to after treatment, and at end-of-life. Supporting resources for people with cancer have also been developed to help effective signposting and to shape the future of primary care.
Public Health England Screening
Public Health England (PHE) is the expert voice on screening, providing advice and guidance to the NHS.
Lung Significant Events Audit (SEA)
Neil Smith and Nicola Cooper-Moss UCLAN
- Free online training resources for brief interventions and smoking cessation.
- Link to free online training in the delivery of stop smoking interventions including brief interventions
- NHS Smokefree facilities and grounds initiative NHS Smokefree Pledge