Head and Neck Services
Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria aims to ensure that Head and Neck services can continue to be provided in a safe and sustainable way.
The focus for this work is both Head and Neck Cancer services and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) services.
For the people of Lancashire and South Cumbria the work aims to:
• Provide timely and equitable access to Head and Neck services
• Provide world class surgical outcomes supported by diagnostic, day case, outpatient and Allied Health Professions services provided close to home
• Ensure that there is involvement of service users and carers in service development and review
For the people working within the service the work aims to:
• Retain and attract a high calibre workforce that provides excellent care pathways
• Foster learning and growth through collaborative working and create a service which is stimulating and dynamic to work in
• Provide increased opportunities for research and development
To progress this work a dedicated Steering Group was formed in February 2018. The Steering Group’s role is to ensure best practice is followed to:
•Understand the current strengths and weaknesses of head and neck services in Lancashire and South Cumbria
•Develop suitable options to deliver head and neck services more effectively
•Ensure there is wider engagement with the head and neck services’ workforce and people who use the services and their families
•Decide on the most effective option for providing head and neck services and what actions are needed to achieve this.
If you would like further information about this work or would like to be involved by providing your experience of using Head and Neck Cancer services and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) services in Lancashire and South Cumbria, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01253 951630
Updates from the Steering Group are produced after each meeting to provide further information about the progress of the work and invite you to get involved and provide feedback. You can download the key messages from these meetings below.