From 11 April 2022, you will be able to use the HiPRES app to record your lateral flow test result. Please use this guide and follow the steps to do this.
Downloading the app
You may already have the HiPRES app from taking part in saliva testing. Please note that if you do already have the app, there will be a forced update when the pathway goes live asking iPhone users to go to the App store to download the latest version of the app. The update will not automatically take you to the App store.
If you do not alreay have the app, you can download the latest version of it by going to the app/play store on your device and searching for ‘HiPRES.’ Please see image on the right.
If you are using Apple, please ensure that you are on V11 or above of the operating system. This is the minimum operating system that the app needs to function. Unfortunately the app cannot be used on Huawei devices.
If you have been using the HiPRES mobile app to take part in saliva testing, from 11 April you will be able to use the app to record the result of your lateral flow test result. You don’t need to register again.
If you haven’t used the app before you need to download it (see above) then register by following the steps below:
- Click on the blue link that says ‘sign up’ then enter your work email address and a password. This needs to be 8 characters long and contain one special character (do not use £), one upper case letter and one number. Then click register.
- You will receive a verification code by email. Enter this code into the box and then click verify. If you can’t see this in your inbox check your junk folder. You then need to add your personal details. You can click the blue button to look up your NHS number. Or if you know what it is, type it in and click verify.
- You can find your NHS number on hospital letters, prescriptions and if you use an app for GP services. You can also look it up at www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/find-nhs-number/
- Once verified, you will see a green tick and you can click ‘next’ at the bottom of the screen. Then enter your phone number(s) and click next.
- You will then be asked to enter details about where you work including your manager’s details. Complete all the fields and ensure contact details are accurate. Then click ‘Next’.
- You will then be asked to select if you are testing yourself only (personal) or if you want to test others too (clinical and personal.) Select an option, then click next.
- Enter your email address and password. Then click ‘sign in.’ Select if you are testing yourself (personal testing) or someone else (clinical session.)
- If you select ‘clinical and personal’ you will be asked to accept some terms and conditions. Tick the box then click next.
Recording Your Result
Once registered, login to the app and select ‘LFA Pathway.’ You then have the option of ‘Test Self’ or ‘Test Others.’ (If you are a clinician, the app gives you the option to ‘administer to someone else.’ This means that you can submit a test result for a colleague. Please refer to the steps later in the guide if you want to use this function)
Test Self Guide:
1. Select the “Administer to Myself” option from the menu.
2. Your profile is retrieved and your details displayed as shown below. Select next.
3. You will be asked to give your consent as shown below. Select next.
4. Select the kit you are using from the drop-down menu or by scanning the package of the test kit to identify the Lot Number. Alternatively, the Lot Number may be entered manually in the field below. The expiration date of the kit must also be entered. Select next.
5. Further details relating to the test then need to be collected (the cassette code from the test kit and the test location.) The cassette code is collected either manually or by scanning the barcode on the test kit. You are now ready to do the test. At this point a timer may be started to remind you when to read the result from the test. This is selected by pressing the “Start Timer” button. Alternatively, if you do not wish to use the time, you may select the Next button at the appropriate time.
6. If the timer is selected, a “count-down” is shown on the screen. A notification message will appear when it is time for you to read your result. When the timer expires another notification pops up. Select Next to record your result.
7. You will be given the option of having a copy of your result sent to you by email. Choose Yes or No and select Next to continue.
8. You then enter the result of the test on this screen, selecting one of the three options (Positive / Negative / Invalid) and then select Next to continue.
9. On the next screen, you are prompted to take a photograph of the test kit so that the result can be verified. When this has been done, the picture appears on the app as shown below. Select next.
10. A summary screen is displayed. This gives brief details about you, the test kit and the result, and includes the photograph taken at the previous step. Click the “Save and Exit Session.” The test result is recorded in the HiPRES database and you are returned to the HiPRES Main Menu home page.
Test Others Guide:
1. Select “Administer to Others” from the menu. The following screen is displayed to collect the details of the person being tested. Enter their NHS number and date of birth and select the “Lookup” button. The HiPRES system performs a lookup on the NHS Spine
NHS numbers can be found at www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/find-nhs-number
2. If the person is successfully found, their details are displayed on the next screen. Select Next.
3. You can enter additional details here about them including contact details, ethnicity and occupation. Once this information is added, select Next.
4. Here you can enter details relating to their employment. The rest of the steps are the same as the above steps from the Test-Self Guide.