- Breck Lodge Care Home, 78/80 Breck Road, Poulton-le-Fylde, FY6 7HT
- Delaheys Nursing Home, 215 Clifton Drive South, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, FY8 1ES
- Milbanke, 72 Station Road, Kirkham, PR4 2HA
- Stella Matutina Care Home, 16 Clifton Drive, Lytham, Lancashire, FY8 5RQ
- The Hamptons Care Centre, Main Drive, off Hayhouse Lane, Lytham, St Annes, FY8 3FF
- The Old Vicarage, 15 Naze Lane, Freckleton, Preston, Lancashire, PR4 1RH
- Cornmill Nursing Home, Bonds Lane, Garstang, Preston, PR3 1RA
- Bowgreave Rise, 1 Garstang Road, Garstang, PR3 1YD
- Conifers Care Home, 66 Victoria Road East, Thornton Cleveleys, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY5 5HQ
- Kepplegate House Care Home, Sandy Lane, Preesall, Poulton-le-Fylde, FY6 0EJ
- Oaklands, Leonard Cheshire, Dimples Lane, Garstang, NR Preston, PR3 1UA
- St Albans Nursing Home, Clarence Avenue, Knott-End On Sea, FY6 0AH
- Thornton House, Whimbrel Drive, off Mayfield Ave, Thornton Cleveleys, FY5 2LR
- Alistre Lodge, 67-69 St Annes Road East, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, FY8 1UR
- The Yachtsman Care Home, 41-42 Laidleys Walk, Fleetwood, Lancashire, FY7 7JL
- New Thursby Care Home, 604 Clifton Drive North, Lytham St Annes, Lancs , FY8 2RN
- Amber Court Care Home, Kipling Drive, Blackpool, FY3 9UX
- Napier Lodge Care Home, Napier Avenue, Blackpool, FY4 1PA
- Rosewood Lodge, 491 Clifton Drive North, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, FY8 2QX
- Amber Court Care Home, Kipling Drive, Blackpool, FY3 9UX
- Annacliffe Residential Care Home, 127/129 Newton Drive, Blackpool, FY3 8LZ
- The Owls Care Home, 168 St Anne's Road, Blackpool, FY4 2BL
- Rosehaven Care Home, 200/202 Whitegate Drive, Blackpool, FY3 9HJ
Belgravia Care Home, 406 North Promenade, Blackpool,FY1 2LB
The Knights Care Home, 365 Clifton Drive North, St Annes on Sea, Lancashire, FY8 2PA
Lakelands Lodge, 35 Laidleys Walk, Fleetwood, FY7 7JL
Cards for Kindness
Help reduce loneliness in older people this Christmas by sending some festive cheer.
Loneliness is a growing problem among older people, and in care homes it can be a particularly difficult issue to resolve. Figures from Age UK show that 200,000 older people have not had a conversation with friends or family for a month, and 60% of people in care homes get no visitors at all.
Cards for Kindness is an initiative which aims to reduce loneliness in our care homes by encouraging members of the community to send a card to a local care home.
It's always lovely to receive a card through the post and this often sparks conversation and encourages residents to talk to each other. Research shows this has many health benefits, especially for people living with dementia. This is even more prominent amid the coronavirus pandemic as visiting is restricted.
How you can help
To send a card all you need to do is write one, attach a stamp and pick a local care home to send it to. Address the card to residents and staff and add a personal message inside.
You can find your local care home in the dropdown lists on this page.
The Cards for Kindness project was originally set up by Lancashire County Council in summer 2018 and has since grown and developed across the partnership with more local organisations lending their support and more than 100 care homes now participating.
If your care home would like to be involved please contact us.
Send an e-card
Missed the last post date or can't get to a postbox? Why not send an e-card instead. Personalise one of the cards available and it will be emailed to the care home of your choice. Send as many as you like!
We have designed some cards which you can download and print at home.
Support is available if you are struggling with your mental health
To support local people we have listed some of the mental health support resources available across Lancashire and South Cumbria on this page. You will also find a link to an interactive map detailing even more support services dealing with issues including debt, addiction, homelessness, mental health and children and young people.
Use the drop-down boxes below to find your local care home
- Abraham House, 515 Blackpool Road, Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 1EQ
- Alston Lodge Residential Home, Lower Lane, Longridge, Lancashire. PR3 2YH
- Banksfield Nursing Home, Banksfield Avenue, Fulwood, Preston, PR2 3RN
- Bridgeway Residential Care Home, Gamull Lane Preston, PR2 6TQ
- Finney House, Flintoff Way, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 6AB
- Lady Elsie Finney House, Cottam Ave, Ingol, Preston, PR2 3XH
- L'arche, L’Arche Preston Community, 3 Moor Park Ave, Preston, PR1 6AS
- L'arche, 4 English Martyrs Place, Preston, PR1 6DN
- Meadowfield House, Meadowfield, Fulwood, Preston, PR2 9NX
- Moor Park House, 81 - 83 Garstang Road, Preston, PR1 1LD
- Oakfield Nursing Home, Lancaster Road, Forton, Preston, PR3 0BL
- Oxford House, 258 Garstang Road, Fulwood, Preston, PR2 9QB
- Broadfield House, Broadfield Drive, Leyland, Lancashire, PR25 1NB
- Cuerden Grange Rest Home, 414 Station Road, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 6JN
- Lostock Lodge Care Home for the Elderly, 34 Wateringpool Lane, Lostock Hall, Preston, PR5 5AP
- Penwortham Grange and Lodge, Martin Field Road, Penwortham, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 9HL
- The Brambles, Park Avenue, New Longton, Preston, Lancashire, PR4 4AY
- Walton House, 188 Chorley Road, Walton-Le-Dale, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 4PD
- Willowbrooke Residential Care Home, 1-3 Todd Lane South, Lostock Hall, Preston, PR5 5XD
- The Lodge Buckshaw, Buckshaw Retirement Village, Oakbridge Drive, Buckshaw Village, Chorley, PR7 7EP
- Brooklands Residential Home, 6 Blackbull Lane, Fulwood, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 3PU
- Westwood Residential Care Home, 29-31 Southport Road, Chorley, PR7 1LF
- Longton Nursing Home, 11 Marsh Lane, Longton, PR4 5ZJ
- Coote Lane Residential Care Home, Lostock Hall, Preston, PR5 5JE
- Swillbrook House Residential Home, Rosemary Lane, Bartle Lane, Swillbrook, Preston, PR4 0HB
- McAuley Mount Residential Care Home, Padiham Road, Burnley, BB12 6TG
- Nelson Manor Nursing Home, 247 Barkerhouse Road, Nelson, BB9 9NL
- Alston View Nursing Home, Fell brow, Longridge, PR3 3NT
- Aadamson House Care Home, Peel Hall Street, Preston, PR1 6QQ
- Hazeldene Care Home, 49 Ribchester Road
Clapton le dale, Blackburn, BB1 9HU
- Bowgreave Rise, 1 Garstang Road, Garstang, PR3 1YD
- Sandy Banks Care Home, 17 Greenside Gardens, Moss Side Way, Leyland, PR26 7SG
Ashton Manor, Scotforth Road, Lancaster, LA1 4XN
Ribble Park Lodge, 150 Liverpool Old Road, Much Hoole, Preston, PR4 4QB
Priory Park, Priory Cresent, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0AL
- Moot Lodge, Market Place, Brampton, Nr Carlisle, CA8 1RW
- Eskdale House, Swann Street, Longtown, Nr Carlisle, CA6 5UZ
- Grisedale Croft, Church Road, Alston, Nr Brampton, CA9 3QS
- Christian Head, Silver Street, Kirkby Stephen, CA17 4HA
- Burnrigg Court, Burnrigg, Carlisle, CA2 6QG
- Inglewood, Low Moor Road, Wigton, CA7 9QL
- Richmond Park, High Street, Workington, CA14 4ES
- Parkside, Netherall Road, Maryport, CA15 6NT
- Park Lodge, Outgang Road, Aspatria, Wigton, CA7 3HP
- The Gables, Cleator Moor Road, Whitehaven, CA28 8RZ
- Lapstone House, Lapstone Road, Millom, LA18 4BY
- Applethwaite Green, Phoenix Way, Windermere, LA23 1BB
- Bridge House, Manor Side, Flookburgh, Grange Over Sands, LA11 7JS
- Croftside, Beetham Road, Milnthorpe, LA7 7QR
- Elmhurst, Priory Road, Ulverston, LA12 9HU
- Riverside House, Wattsfield Road, Kendal, LA9 5JL
- Parkview Gardens, 149 Risedale Road, Barrow in Furness, LA13 9BQ
- Maudes Meadow, Windermere Road, Kendal, LA9 4QJ
- Tarn House, Mill Lane, Walney Island, Barrow in Furness, LA14 3XX
- Bank Hall Care Home, Colne Road, Burnley, BB11 2AA
- Dove Court Care Home, Shuttleworth Street, Burnley, BB10 1EN
- Heather Grange, Queens Road, Burnley, BB10 1XX
- Spring Cottages RHE, Stonemoor Bottom, St John’s Road, Padiham, Lancashire, BB12 7BS
- Willowbank, Pasturegate, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 4DE
- Woodside, Burnley Road, Padiham, BB12 8SD
- Townfield and Coach House Care, 99-103 Church Street, Great Harwood, Blackburn, BB6 7QB
- Woodlands, Warwick Avenue, Clayton-le-Moors, Accrington, BB5 5RW
- Albert House Residential Home, 22 Albert Road, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 0AA
- Briercliffe Lodge, Rainhall Crescent, Barnoldswick, Lancashire, BB18 6BS
- Brierfield House, Hardy Avenue, Brierfield, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 5RN
- Cravenside, Lower North Avenue, Barnoldswick, BB18 6DP
- Favordale, Byron Road, Colne, BB8 0BH
- Marsden Heights Care Home, 316 Kings Causeway, Brierfield, BB9 0EY
- Ash Cottage, 26-28 Crow Woods, Edenfield, Bury, Lancashire, BL0 0HY
- Cherry Tree Lodge, 226-228 Bury Road, Rossendale, BB4 6DJ
- Fern Hill House Care Home, 2-8 Todmorden Road, Bacup, Lancashire, OL13 9BA
- Langley House Trust, Chatterton Hey, Exchange Street, Edenfield, Bury, BL0 0QH
- Olive House, New Line, Bacup, OL13 0BY
- Turfcote Nursing Home, Helmshore Road, Haslingden, Rossendale, Lancashire, BB4 4DP
- Chapel Lodge, 11 Chapel Street, Worsthorne, Burnley, Lancashire, BB10 3NR
- Heightside House, Newchurch Road, Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire, BB4 9HG
- The Hollies Nursing and Residential Home, 44 Church St, Clayton Le Moors, Accrington, BB5 5HT
- The Grove Care Home, 40 Owen Street, Rosegrove, Burnley, BB12 6HW
- Ashlands Nursing Home, Newchurch Road, Waterfoot, Rossendale, BB4 9DU
- Oakmount House, 68-70 Wesgate, Burnley, BB11 1RY
- Sandybrook Care Home, Sandybrook House, Sandy Lane, Lower Darwen, BB3 0PU
- Springfield Cottage Residential Home, Springfield Cottage Residential Care Home, Preston New Road, Blackburn, BB2 6PS
- Linden House Care Home, Linden House Care Home, Delph Lane, Shadsworth Road, Blackburn, BB1 2DE
- Birch Hall Care Centre, Birch Hall Care Centre, Birch Hall Avenue, Darwen, BB3 OJB
- Ravenswing Manor Care Home, Ravenswing Homes Limited, 3 St. Francis Road, Blackburn, Lancashire BB2 2TZ
- Oldfield Manor, 14 Hawkshaw avenue, Darwen, Lancashire, BB3 1QZ
- Haydock Nursing Home, Pleckgate Road, Blackburn, BB1 8QW
- Longfield Care Home, Preston New Road, Blackburn, BB2 6PS
- Branch Court Care Home, Livesey Branch Road, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 4QR
- St James House Residential Home, St, James Cresent, Darwen, Lancashire, BB3 0EY
- Higher Bank Villas, off Adelaide Terrace, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 6EU
- Eachstep, Infirmary Road, Blackburn, BB1 5QL
- Andrews court care home, Livesey branch road, Blackburn, BB2 4QR
Stocks Hall Andrew Smith House, Marsden Hall Road North, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 8JN
- Cove House, Cove Road, Silverdale, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA5 0SG
- Dolphinlee House, Patterdale Road, Ridge Estate, Lancaster, LA1 3LZ
- Hillcroft Nursing Home, Westbourne Road, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1 5DX
- Hillcroft Nursing Home, North Road, Carnforth Lancaster, LA5 9LX
- Hillcroft Nursing Home, Caton Green Road, Lancaster, LA2 9JH
- Hillcroft Nursing Home, Woodlands Drive, Morecambe, LA3 1LZ
- Hillcroft Nursing Home, Throstle Grove, Slyne-with-Hest, Lancaster, LA2 6AX
- Hillcroft Nursing Home, Hillcroft House, Chapel Lane, Galgate, Lancaster, LA2 0PR
- Lakeland View Care Centre, 220-224 Heysham Road, Heysham, Morecambe, Lancashire, LA3 1NL
- Laurel Bank Care Home, Westbourne Road, Lancaster, LA1 5EF
- The Sands Care Home, 390 Marine Road East, Morecambe, LA4 5AU
- Woodhill House, 60 Woodhill Lane, Morecambe, LA4 4NN
- Moorside Hall, Wyresdale Road, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1 3DY
The Sands Meadows, 27 Hest Bank Lane, Hest Bank, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA4 6HA
Grey Gables, 1 Lodges Frove, Bare, Morecambe, LA4 6HE
- Cleveland House, Greaves Hall Avenue, Banks, PR9 8BL
- Aaron Crest Care Home, Tanhouse Road, Skelmersdale, WN8 6AZ
- Alma Green Residential Care Home, UpHolland, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8 0PA
- Alsley Lodge, Alsley Lodge, 21 Station Road, Rufford, L40 1TB
- Asmall Hall Nursing & Residential Care Home, Scarisbrick, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L40 8JL
- Beaconview, Kiln Lane, Skelmersdale, WN8 8PW
- Birch Green Care Centre, Ivydale, Skelmersdale, WN8 6RS
- Brandreth Lodge Care Home, Stoney Lane, Parbold, Wigan, WN8 7AF
- Cardinal Heenan House, Don Orione Centre, School Lane, Roby Mill, Lancashire, WN8 0QR
- Dovehaven House, 58 Moss Road, Birkdale, PR8 4JG
- Hillcroft Residential Home, 16-18 Long Lane, Aughton, L39 5AT
- Shaw Care High Wray Residential Home, 15 Formby Lane, Aughton, L39 7HG
- Springfield Court Nursing Home, Springfield Road, Aughton, Lancashire, L39 6ST
- Stocks Hall Burscough, 251 Liverpool Road South, Burscough, L40 7RE
- Stocks Hall Nursing Home, 50c Whitemoss Road, Skelmersdale, WN8 8BL
- Stocks Hall Residential Care Home, 76a Nursery Avenue, Ormskirk, L39 2DZ
- Sutton Grange, Greaves Hall Avenue, Banks, PR9 8BL
- Willow Lodge, 15-16 Moss View, Ormskirk, L39 4QA
- Aughton Park Care Home, Aughton Park Drive, Aughton, L39 5QE
- Courtfield Lodge, 81A Marians Drive, Ormskirk, L39 1LG
- Birch Abbey, 55 Alexandra Road, Southport, Merseyside, PR9 9HD
Manchester House NH, 83 Albert Road, Southport, Merseyside, PR9 9LN
Abbey Wood Lodge Care Home, 173 County Road, Ormskirk, L39 3LY
Lily Wharf Lodge, 75 Liverpool Road South, Burscough, Ormskirk, L40 7SU
Parklands Lodge, 80 Park Road, Southport, PR9 9JL
Hesketh Park Lodge, 61 Albert Road, Southport, PR9 9LN
Birkdale Tower Lodge
8 Oxford Road
Is it safe to send things in the post during the Covid-19 pandemic?
Currently, there is no evidence that the virus can live on paper and it is non-viable on surfaces after 72 hours.
We have advised care homes that they may wish to quarantine post for 72 hours before opening.
As always, it's really important to practice good hand hygiene. You can find out more information about washing your hands, keeping safe and further information about Covid-19 on the NHS website or the GOV UK website.
Help spread the word
Download our campaign materials to use on your website or social media accounts. You may also wish to print the Cards for Kindness campaign poster and display in your workplace or local community venue.
Join the conversation on social media using #CardsForKindness
Watch our videos about why you should get involved with Cards for Kindness this year. Please share these videos on your social media channels.
Lancashire County Councillor Graham Gooch
Hello, I'm County councillor Graham Gooch and I'm the Cabinet Member for Adult Services at Lancashire County Council. We have over 400 care and nursing homes in Lancashire and over the Christmas period we will have over 11, 000 older and disabled people staying in them.
This year there will be less chance of being able to go home to family for Christmas and fewer opportunities to receive visitors. This means that despite the best efforts of the excellent staff in those homes some people will feel lonely. But you can help. Like me you can take part in the Cards for Kindness scheme just add one extra card to your Christmas list and send it to a local home.
So go on, share the love and make a lonely person's Christmas just a bit happier.
You can do it. Thank you.
Lancashire Adult Learning
Executive Director, Lancashire County Council - Louise Taylor
Hello, I'm Louise Taylor and I'm an Executive Director at Lancashire County Council with responsibility for adult services, health and well-being.
It's the time of year when like me you're probably thinking about Christmas and Christmas cards.
Sending a Christmas card is a great way to let people know that you're thinking about them and that feels so important this year. I'd like to invite you to send an extra card or card this year to one of our care homes in Lancashire, of which we have over 400.
It's a great way to show your appreciation to the staff who do a fabulous job and we know that the residents enjoy receiving your Christmas messages.
So please be part of our Cards for Kindness campaign in 2020, spread a bit of Christmas cheer by sending a Christmas card this year.
Thank you in anticipation.
Nelson and Colne College Group - Emma Duffy
Hello everybody my name is Sarah Hawarth and I work for Lancashire Adult Learning, we're part of the Nelson and Colne College Group and we are so happy that we've been able to support the Cards for Kindness initiative.
Over the last two years we've sent thousands of cards right across the college group to care homes all over Lancashire to support those older adults who perhaps don't get a card from friends or family and to stop them from feeling lonely and isolated at such a special time.
So I'd encourage anybody to get involved, you can make a card, you can write a card, and send it and log on the website and find an address where to send it to.
So we're all looking festive, we've had out fabulous. fangly, festive spectacular today, and we'd encourage everyone to get involved. We're going to be sending thousands more this year and hope that brings some Christmas cheer to people at this Christmas time.
So it's Merry Christmas from us at Lancashire Adult Learning. Merry Christmas everyone.
Hi everyone I'm Emma Duffy the health and wellbeing officer for Nelson and Colne College Group. For the last couple of years at Accrington and Rossendale College and Nelson and Colne College have actively supported and championing the Cards for Kindness initiative run across Lancashire and South Cumbria.
Research shows that 60 percent of those in care homes get no visitors at all. We know that this has become more prominent and that has escalated as a result of the ongoing pandemic.
Therefore, it's been more integral than ever that this year, we continue to champion and support this great initiative to give back to those in our care homes, and local community to show them that they're not alone and they're not isolated.
For the last couple of years and including this year, we have invited staff and students to take part by getting involved either in their teaching groups or individually by writing cards for kindness for those in our local care homes.
It is a fantastic initiative and it's something that sparks great conversation among staff and students and those in our local care home. It seems so important that we continue to give back to others and is something that we will continue to champion and support for the foreseeable.