Suicide Prevention Fund
Further funding announced for innovative community-based Lancashire and South Cumbria projects to help reduce the numbers of people taking their own lives.
Community groups have the opportunity to apply for funding between £500 and £5000 to support projects designed to prevent suicide and reduce self-harm.
Lancashire and South Cumbria has one of the highest suicide rates in the country. The funded projects will contribute to Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria's aim of reducing suicide rates by 10% by 2021.
£80,000 of funding is being made available for this initiative with a particular focus on reducing suicide by middle aged men and self-harm within local communities. Any community group, charity or organisation can apply for the funding.
We know that in the right hands, a little can go a long way, so we want your ideas about how to save lives across Lancashire and South Cumbria.
The deadline for applications is 27th May 2019
Suicide Prevention Fund application process
Stage 1: Applications to be completed and uploaded to this page.
The following questions form the application:
- What is your project?
- Why is it needed?
- Does anything else exist like it?
- How will it be delivered in your local area?
- What are the projects bespoke objectives?
- How will you know you have achieved the set outcomes and the bespoke objectives?
Stage 2: Bids will be considered by a small panel from the multi-agency Suicide Prevention Oversight Board Group. The panel will include representation from Public Health, Clinical Commissioning Groups and where possible people impacted by suicide.
The panel will consider:
- What impact the project will have
- How it will be delivered
- How it will involve the people it is trying to support
- Whether it is sustainable when the money runs out.
If successful, applicants will be required to:
- Monitor the outcomes they expect to deliver
- Give monthly updates by phone
- Produce a final report (of approx. two pages in a template provided)
- Produce at least one qualitative case study demonstrating the project’s impact (which is publishable i.e. consent needs to be given)
Please download and complete the application. Once complete please upload using the file uploaded below.
If you have any questions about the application process or require more information, please email: email@example.com