Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria is a partnership of organisations with a shared vision for health and care across our region.
We already benefit from services that are working together. The staff involved in those services know we are facing some tough challenges and that we need to act now to make sure we can continue providing our services in the future.
There are five local areas with services and organisations working together to join up and improve health and care. Each of these is using local feedback develop the approach going forwards.
This website aims to give you the information and latest information you need about your area and the wider Lancashire and South Cumbria region.
Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria is the Sustainability and Transformation Partnership for the region
Through effective partnerships in Lancashire and South Cumbria we are working to invest in health and deliver high quality healthcare. This will drive the health, well-being and cohesiveness of all its towns and communities, such that all of its diverse populations have the fairest access to good care and the best possible chance to have healthy fulfilling lives.
The key deliverables are:
- A strong focus on population health, mobilising community assets to enable people to stay well for longer and have greater control over their health and wellbeing
- Mobilising technologies to reduce demand on services, as well as supporting self-care and prevention of ill health
- A clear focus on improving health and wellbeing outcomes for the Lancashire and South Cumbria population
- Making best use of resources to ensure delivery of quality outcomes and value for money
- Improving and extending community and primary care services
- Facilitating local health systems to progress to accountable care systems, focusing on the Fylde Coast initially, and quickly spreading across the wider STP
- A focus on holding the system to account for delivery of national clinical priorities
- Developing and implementing an integrated health and care strategic commissioning function